Senior Middle Office Administrator - Operations (AIS MO), Associate
Who we are looking for
As an AIS Senior Middle Office Administrator in Operations you will be a part of our team in Gdansk responsible for performing all trading desk support responsibilities required by large Multi-Strategy Hedge Funds. Senior Middle Office Administrator will work within the Middle Office team on such functions as electronic trade capture; confirmation and settlements; issues resolution; cash and collateral management. A successful candidate will be exposed to all financial markets and products traded globally, including highly complex derivative instruments. The position covers a wide range of tasks across all phases of the trading cycle.
We are looking for a committed candidate, who would like to grow and develop in our organization. A candidate who will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is willing to find areas for improvements and who can take advantage of arising opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent relationships with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients. Why this role is important to us
The successful candidate would join one of the teams that form Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Middle Office Administrator you will
What we value
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Capture, confirm and settle trades
- Oversee and help junior employees while processing trades, resolving issues
- Confirm transactions with brokers ahead of market deadlines
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues
- Create and reconcile new securities in the database
- Be responsible for cash and collateral management
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with the clients when necessary
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve miscellaneous funds issues
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated, solid team player
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment.
- Ambition to succeed and forge a long-term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
- 1-3 years experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related careers preferred.
- Technical knowledge of various financial products (Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives)
- Good command of English
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of MSExcel, VBA.Python would be an asset
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills training;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers