Billing Accountant Associate
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a potential candidate with at least 2-4 years of experience in billing or fund accounting, optionally 2-3 years of experience in GL, AP, AR but with strong knowledge of financial products/services and interest in billing department; Why is this role important:
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing and reconciliation activities on investment funds. The team provide services for 7 EMEA countries: France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
Billing Accountant, Associate 2 will cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders and clients with full accountability for assigned tasks assigned by direct Billing Team Manager. She/He will be responsible primarily for German speaking markets billing services as well as for supporting Team Manager / Team Leader in non-people management activities What you will be responsible for:
As a Billing Accountant you will
What we value:
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Manage internal departments and external clients queries relating to billing, reports and invoices
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment for invoices
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Cooperate and support Team Leader/Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Support Team Leader in organizing team workload and trainings for less experienced team members
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team members
- Act as first contact and escalation point for internal and external business partners
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behaviour for the team
- Provide support and training to less experienced team members
- Support management and lead projects related to Billing area
- Act as team/department representative on various committees and working groups
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- At least 2-4 years of experience in investment banking / asset management services / fund accounting / accounting / billing process
- Advanced English language skills (
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes
- Fund accounting or fund services experience is an asset
- Understanding of various range of products in the investment banking domain is preferred
- Knowledge of financial instruments is preferred
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers