Client Implementation - Data Management Analyst with State Street Global Advisors, Associate
Promoting a Culture of Excellence We believe that our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
The Company State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. We wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We then apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. We employ more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries; have nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
Client Implementation - Data Management Analyst Reporting to: Team Leader - Client Implementation
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of the financial industry and a focus on exceptional attention to detail and data quality sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
The Data Management Analyst assists in monitoring compliance of data policies, standards and business rules across the organization to ensure high quality and available data within the organization. Responsible for supporting the Client and Account Domain data across multiple applications and serve in a stewardship capacity for all the Client and Account Domain data elements, working closely with data consumers, record keepers as well as the respective IT support teams.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Assist in managing and maintaining client and account master data
- Data entry, report running and data reconciliation
- Complete requested changes to data components and attribute definition
- Assist in maintaining the data dictionaries and formalizing field definitions.
- Assist in partnering with data owners to ensure coordination of data consolidation, cleansing, harmonization, testing, validation, and field mapping activities. Works with all areas of the business to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with local data owners and stewards on trouble shooting related process issues. Develop and performs "logic" review to catch exceptions in defined global data fields.
- Assist in working with the IT organization(s) to define a robust, scalable data structure that aligns with the business objectives of the organization.
- Resolve data issues and conflicts.
- Represent the data domains in regulatory, compliance and other internal and external projects.
- Support the wider Client Implementation team with data related items as well as other events and projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, custodian or fund administrator useful.
- Knowledge of some of the key concepts around master data management, data standards and organizations.
- Some experience working alongside information technology and project management teams.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Demonstrated strong time management capabilities.
- Ability to independently plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent collaborative, organizational, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel with an appreciation for Database design and concepts.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.