Counterparty Risk Officer
Purpose Of Role:
- To support key decision makers in developing vision for future growth of ERM COE Poland.
- To manage the delivery team (ERM scope)
- To coordinate processes currently in transition
- To manage and coordinate relationship with outsourcing business partners
- To drive quality and process improvement initiatives on regional and global level
To promote best practices across functions and across countries within the region of scope Specific Duties: Management of the delivery team (ERM)
Management of Service Quality
- Oversight of the complex ERM processes [conversion of data into information] followed by required analyses that may include amongst others [but is not limited to]: analyzing risk information to produce risk related analytics, reports, scenarios, performing various other Ad-hoc analysis, etc.
- Provide guidance, training and coaching to those with whom there are direct management responsibilities and others as determined appropriate.
- Delegate and execute responsibilities and value added tasks to team members.
- Time and priority self-management in line with objectives set by direct manager. Come up with the planning initiatives.
- When and where applicable and directed by Manager manage shadowing of ERM processes at the local country during the transition period. Manage preparation of the transition documentation according to the instructions.
- Coordination and supervision over the Team Leaders' work.
- Monitor [and confirm to direct Manager if required] completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- He/she is the first point of contact for Team Leaders in all cases of doubts or difficulties that may happen in delivering service to the given client; depending on situation he/she may resolve them on his/her own or decide to escalate to direct Manager.
- Provide expert knowledge, guidance and support to team colleagues on technical, professional and client issues at the level of team's daily duties.
- Is responsible for coordination of tasks given by his/her direct Manager in terms of managing absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the team.
- Is responsible for training and development initiatives for Team Leaders and the Team; reports on the outcome to his/her direct Manager.
- Is responsible for developing and describing goals for Team Leaders and their teams annually and support keeping up to date on the PPR system during the year for staff with grade Associate 1, Associate 2, Senior Associate and Team Leader.
- Monitors and appraises performance of Team Leaders' and their teams- providing regular formal and informal feedback to the direct Manager.
- Actively participates in/ co-leads company committee's work and initiatives aiming at fostering better work environment and building employee engagement.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned Clients.
- Help to maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior among team colleagues ensuring their accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Support his/her direct Manager, Team Leaders and their teams in ensuring the best service delivery upon agreed service delivery levels and/or operational agreement levels; support his/her direct Manager in performing internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Support Team Leaders in coordination of the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping Team Leaders and their teams and his/her direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress.
- Review team corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating updates as necessary [in agreement with his/her direct manager]; ensure documentation exists for all processes performed within the team.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out [in agreement with his/her direct manager]; record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for ensuring that contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Co-participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products within his/her department and within the State Street Corporation, if requested; support his/her direct manager by assisting with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Perform general monitoring and internal control over team deliverables and other, as assigned by his/her direct Manager.
- Maintain close contact with his/her direct Manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in other company's departments and contacts in Donor Sites.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with Clients at operational [regular team deliverables] level.
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc Client/Donor site meetings as requested accordingly to his/her role.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems and applications including Donor Site software.
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings on operational [regular team deliverables] level, ensuring action points are followed up.
- Support his/her direct manager in establish and maintaining good working relationships with donor site and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales [in agreement with his/her direct manager, depending on situation he/she may resolve/escalate on his/her own responsibility].
- Ensure that his/her direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.