Chatham Financial is an independent financial risk management firm helping clients overcome common yet complex capital markets challenges. Chatham works with over 2,500 clients globally, providing advisory and technology solutions to Corporations, Financial Institutions, Private Equity and Real Estate companies. Since its founding in 1991, Chatham has hedged over $5 trillion notional, helping clients understand and use debt and derivatives as a critical piece of their financial strategy. Chatham is a multiple bottom line firm committed to delivering trust and transparency in the capital markets.
As a purpose-driven organization , we are committed to making a positive impact for our clients, our colleagues, our communities and the capital markets at large. We are an employee-owned, view-neutral services firm, with no affiliation to any financial institution allowing us to serve as independent advisors. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity and client service. We always strive to do what is right, just and fair, even when no one is looking. We would rather be governed by principles than rules. We believe leadership should be gained through influence and personal character, not by title or tenure. As a result, we have a non-hierarchical, team-oriented organization that is highly collaborative. The team and the role:
We are actively investing in the growth of our data team, data infrastructure, and data product offerings. We are looking for someone who loves to build data pipelines, implement and support scalable data infrastructures, and drive data-influenced decision making. This hire will help set the direction for our new data initiatives and set the culture for this new team. Responsibilities:
- Building and supporting highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to support Chatham's growing data needs.
- Implement and support a scalable data lake for Chatham data.
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL).
- Collaborate closely with analysts, data scientists, and business subject matter experts to leverage both structured and unstructured data in order to support data-influenced decision making internally and to provide our clients with unique insights.
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency.
Additional considerations will be given to candidates with:
- At least a BSc in computer science or similar major.
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative.
- Familiarity with data lake concepts, design, and tech (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Cloudera...).
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL flavors (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer).
- Experience coding in Python.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, ...).
- A Master's degree (e.g. MBA in business analytics or MSc in computer science).
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming in a compiled language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- Familiarity with Agile development and Scrum.
We seek individuals that will thrive in our culture and can make a significant impact over the long term. Before we examine specific skill sets, we filter candidates for their ability to strongly contribute in a team environment, their love of learning and their track record of demonstrated drive, determination, and academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives. Turnover at Chatham is purposely very low. We make a large investment in our employees and we are looking for individuals who want to make a long-term commitment to the company Benefits:
About Chatham and the Kraków office:
- Great development opportunities, including a training budget, trips to partner offices, access to technical training from Pluralsight, 50% tax scheme (50% KUP), and quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product ideas and technology improvements
- Collaborative, low-hierarchical culture in which leadership is gained through influence and character, not a title
- Private healthcare, MultiSport card, in-house English classes, relocation package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
- Chatham's values and purposes
- Kraków Office LinkedIn Life page
- A virtual office tour