Financial Reporting Accountant, Associate
- About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs and our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Why this role is important to us:
Financial Reporting department is responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, half-year end and year-end financial statements for investment funds.
Who we are looking for:
This position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of financial accounting and preparation of financial statements for investment funds in compliance with appropriate regulatory frameworks and accounting standards. This is an entry-level position.
What you will be responsible for:
- Prepare and complete first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Notes to financial statements, in line with applicable reporting standards
- Prepare reporting templates for annual and interim cycles
- Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all issues identified within a trial balance
- Prepare audit files and reconciliations in line with standard operating procedure
- Process changes accurately to financial statements in compliance with appropriate accounting and regulatory standards
- Work to tight client deadlines in order to meet reporting timelines
- Maintain and develop relationships with our internal clients and supporting teams (e.g. Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee)
- Be up to date with current accounting standard changes communicated by the senior staff
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them
- Constantly improve knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and the investment funds sector
- Participate in projects impacting the wider group where possible
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred) - min. Bachelor.
- General knowledge of financial services industry. Knowledge of Financial Reporting is a plus.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting would be advantageous
- Aptitude for figures, accuracy
- Good command of English
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Seeks responsibility
- Multitasking ability
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Adaptable - ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Team player
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops