Fund Accountant with German language, Associate
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidate who would be responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions, ensuring funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion.The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyzes the information received thereby, ensuring any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS' tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Complete Net Asset Value calculation ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Complete and prove reason-ability of the Fund valuation components.
- Compares and confirms account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, Research any discrepancies.
- Complete fund accountant checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to
- Maybe required to undertake to review fund evaluation components.
- Involvement in departmental adhoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Resolve review points highlighted by senior fund accountants and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
- Work with Senior Fund Accountant / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Take Ownership and Initiative
- Ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide outstanding service
- Communicate Effectively
- Display Insight & Influence
- Foster Collaboration and Teamwork
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent English.
- Excellent written and spoken English and German is a must
About State Street What we do
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers