Fund Accounting Team Supervisor (AIS NAV), Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor you will act as a subject matter expert in NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for providing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. In addition you will be responsible for managing and developing the careers of your direct reports and yourself. Managing workflow, providing trainings and ensuring up-to-date procedures to strengthen technical skills, coupled with furthering the soft skills within your team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor (AIS NAV) you will
What we value
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L reconciliation review
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Have the pportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
- Ambition to succeed and forge a longterm career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting or similar financial industry
- Good command of English
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers