Fund Accounting and Administration Specialist w State Street Global Advisors, Officer
Job DescriptionSSGA manages and is promoter of approximately 400 European funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The European Funds Management team is responsible for handling all processes related to fund governance, including the monitoring of fund costs.
The team have sought to align processes across fund ranges, whilst acknowledging that a number of different fee and expense structures apply across the EMEA fund range. The role is responsible for further aligning and improving the efficiency of these processes.
This individual will be responsible for the tasks detailed below, as well as providing support to the product managers in relation to others. A key strategic objective of the role is the effective controls of fund expenses, which is an increasing focus for European regulators.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Product Manager for French FCPs (updating prospectuses, review of financial statements, liaison with Paris Sales).
- Product Manager for WindWise Qualified Funds plc.
- Production of country specific Product Lists.
- Oversight of management fee accruals.
- Monitoring of funds' total expense ratios and fee waivers, liaising with service providers where appropriate.
- Implementation and oversight of funds non-standard fee arrangements (e.g. all-in fee, fee caps, fund of fund rebate etc...).
- Draft and keep up to date fund budgets and ensure they are approved by the relevant governing body prior to implementation.
- Action payment of fund third party invoices/expenses (except SSGS) and ensure appropriate allocation across funds/classes.
- Oversight of VAT recovery.
- Preparation of quarterly Board reporting. Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risk.