Fund Set Up Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Business Onboarding and Transitions team ("BOaT") is seeking a talented, detail-oriented individual to join a growing team dedicated to the support and onboarding of new accounts. This position will be integral to the successful completion of Client Onboarding set-ups as well as fostering key relationships with our internal customer base. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Manage a centralized team within BOaT that performs the account opening/closing and system set up activities for EMEA region
- Oversee the daily initiation of State Street system updates in support of new client accounts at State Street, performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures, initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Ensure that KPI measures (as defined in SLAs with internal Business Units and where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
- Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for coaching and development of direct reports
- Self-directed, ability to multi-task and navigate competing priorities
- Problem-solving and critical analysis experience, highly responsive and driven
- Knowledge of State Street systems such as Multi Currency Horizon (MCH), Security Access Manager (SAM), Global Reference System (GRS), Automated Work Flow (AFW) and My.Statestreet.com is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excellent communications skills with confidence to interact with multiple levels of management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Fluency in English and German (preferred, but not required)
- University degree
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- The ability to understand investment operations, funds and custody
- Desire and ability to provide superior customer service to internal customers
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers