Investment & Model Risk Analyst, Senior Associate with State Street Global Advisors
What we will ask you to do: As a member of the enterprise risk management team, you will:
- Provide independent oversight to ensure appropriate levels of risk exist across our client's portfolios. The position will work hands-on with portfolio managers to measure, quantify, and communicated market risk exposures and any changes to the funds/accounts risk profiles.
- The risk analyst will assist our senior risk managers to improve our risk management process.
- Analyze models including the entire model workflow, identifying gaps in model development, implementation, and usage and the associated documentation. Models include those with involved quantitative processes as well as those involving structured expert judgment
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, traders, researchers, IT, and Corporate Model Risk Management to conduct independent full scope validation as well as annual reviews of SSGA investment models
- Review and assess model changes and conduct targeted validation on significant model changes investment models
- Review and assess remediation submissions and ongoing monitoring of SSGA investment models
What we would like you to be:
- The minimum academic requirement for the Quantitative Analyst position is a Master's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field, or its equivalent. Additionally, CFA/candidacy is helpful
- Programming capability in Python/R/Matlab language is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is required, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and analysis to both model owners and management
Who you are:
- Ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to use technology and systems. Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, derivative processing, risk analytics, and investments
- Past experience in modeling or validation in financial industry is helpful. Asset management industry experience a plus
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Ability and self-motivation to master concepts quickly and connect dots
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Phenomenal teammate and collaborative attitude required
Equal Opportunities Statement Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.