Market Risk Analyst, Associate-1
Who we are looking for
Have you ever wondered how market risk analytics are calculated and reported for the World's biggest asset owners and asset managers? State Street Global Exchange Analytics team in Poland in cooperation with our colleagues in Dublin, Singapore, Frankfurt, Toronto and New York is doing that for 250 clients across the Globe and we are now looking for quantitative disciplines graduates to support our operations in Krakow. A great opportunity to kickstart your career in a multinational market risk environment.
State Street Global Exchange combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
State Street Global Exchange Analytics' truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Market Risk Analyst you will
What we value
- Processing of client holdings data
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Follow standard operating procedures to perform daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics, including Value-at-Risk, sensitivity measures and stress testing results
- Working co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Providing adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Assisting senior risk analysts with ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Finance/Economics or equivalent
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of SQL an advantage
- Attention to detail
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers