Project Manager Global Markets, Officer
Who we are looking for:
The role will be responsible for supporting the Global Markets EMEA team in London with all aspects of change management.
This will include PMO activities at a macro GM level, working closely with the EMEA Head of Change Management; and project management support across the GM portfolio of strategic and regulatory initiatives.
There will be opportunities to take end to end ownership of activities and processes and to proactively find ways to continuously improve them.
The role will interact with SSBTCo and SSBI GmbH (and associated branches). What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Support GM EMEA with PMO activities, project management and administration of various initiatives, including documentation and reporting;
- Manage the monthly reporting cycle for various change forums including the preparation of materials required for the GM EMEA Change Management Forum (CMF);
- Support the CMF CoSec with preparation of minutes and maintenance of an meeting action log, proactively following up with stakeholders to close actions;
- Review existing project management and reporting processes across GM EMEA and identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Become a SME for the UK Change Management Framework and perform regular health checks on the GM EMEA portfolio to ensure they continue to meet the required UK and State Street minimum standards;
- Develop an enhanced communication strategy in order to provide greater transparency around delivery to all key stakeholders;
- Work with colleagues in Compliance, Legal and RIGA to establish a robust process around identification and prioritization of future projects;
- Maintain and update all GM EMEA projects in Wave under the Transformation program;
- Produce and maintain resource and stakeholder management analysis for GM EMEA project portfolio;
- Develop and maintain a portfolio level RAID log to facilitate early and transparent escalation of critical project risks and issues.
Education & Preferred Qualifications::
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Successful track record in problem-solving and supporting successful project delivery;
- Experience with project management protocols, the end to end project lifecycle and an understanding of good governance standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Powerpoint);
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to meet deadlines;
- Ability to anticipate challenges and opportunities;
- Ability to influence people without direct reporting lines;
- Negotiating skills/stakeholder management;
- Self-starting with the ability to operate without or take steps to define clear guidance on required outcomes.
- University degree;
- Formal project management certification preferable (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma, PMI or Prince II);
- 3 - 5 years of experience delivering and supporting change programmes (preferably within the banking industry);
- Experience with continuous improvement processes with an ability to identify more efficient and effective ways of working and reporting.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.