Senior Auditor with German language, Officer
Who we are looking for
As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Senior Auditor, you will
What we value
- Perform audit work using the Division's audit methodology to identify and evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of the activities being reviewed.
- Review and appraise corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Ensure that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- Maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment as well as to manage complex non-routine situations while multi-tasking.
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally.
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, project management, research and communications skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- University degree in business or related field, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Audit experience in public accounting (or corporate internal audit) and specific experience in either auditing custody, fund administration, depositary bank, or capital markets/risk management including market/credit/liquidity risk and international audit experience and/or related experience managing complex audit operations or related projects (5+years).
- Thorough knowledge of German laws and regulations and EU directives applicable to the assigned area of responsibility.
- Fluency in German and English - written and spoken.
- Travel up to 20% may be required.
- Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers