Senior Fund Accountant, Associate
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Purpose of Role:
Under the supervision of the Team Supervisor, the Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for monitoring all accounting related functions on Funds which are the responsibility of the Senior Fund Accountant's assigned Team. As an experienced fund administrator, the Senior Fund Accountant provides a key role in training, and developing the newer members of the team. Specific Duties:
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR:
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers' checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Takes leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
REVIEW OF FUND NET ASSET VALUE:
- Reviews and verifies completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Monitors, proves, and reviews for reasonability the Fund valuation components.
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION - ACCOUNTING RELATED:
- Reviews account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies. Intervenes directly to resolve differences where required.
- Review, sign and date fund accounting checklist when required.
- Assists where required in preparing monthly reports, and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information requirements.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- An understanding of fund administration is a plus
- Excellent English
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial services industry
- Competitive benefits and salary package (employee savings plan, Life insurance premium package, VIP medical package and many others)
- An International operating environment
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway