Senior Transfer Agent (Fund Events), Associate
Who we are looking for
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a joint venture between Boston-based State Street Corporation, a world leader in financial services providing investment servicing, investment management, trading services and investment research, and DST Systems, Inc., a Kansas City-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems. International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a global market leader committed to providing high quality systems and services to our clients. The IFDS family is made up of more than 5,500 world-class employees, located in our offices in Canada, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and the United Kingdom. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Under the supervision of the Fund Events Senior Associate the Fund Events Associate 2 is the main contact point for the day-to-day administration and supervision of the daily Fund Events operations.
- The Fund Events Associate 2 works closely his/her Manager in ensuring that corporate event processes as well as Trailer Fees are dealt with efficiently, accurately professionally and in a timely manner.
- The Fund Events Associate 2 needs to function at all times as a team player and ensures that other team members follow his/her example.
- The Fund Events Associate 2 needs to identify the strong and weak areas within the team to prepare proactively any cross-training requirements to ensure a full functional coverage at all times.
- Ensure team members adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and are fully comfortable with them to ensure timely and accurate completion of all the assigned and delegated tasks and responsibilities.
- Monitor and ensures the accuracy and quality of the daily/weekly and monthly tasks.
- Executes corporate events such as distributions mergers and liquidations as well as Trailer Fee calculations in line with client instructions/expectations.
- Respond to enquiries from different counter parties (e.g. internal departments, external client enquiries and corresponding banks). Ensuring that all enquiries are followed and resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides support in relation to complex queries or requests
- Uses results of previously solved complex problems to determine how to avoid similar situations in the future.
- Escalates issues in a timely manner to Manager.
- Training & coaching of new hires and existing staff on departmental procedures and controls.
- Assisting the Manager in implementing new risk procedures, controls, user guides and checklists ensuring they are also up to date and maintained by the team.
- Ensures that regular reporting is prepared and delivered accurately and in a timely manner (daily, weekly, monthly...)
- Prepares weekly / monthly statistics and reporting.
- Engages in projects and other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Participates actively on process improvement proposals and automation.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Team oriented.
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keeps well documented records.
- Maximize organizational productivity to complete tasks effectively and accurately.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Successfully attained their final second-level education exams (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high accuracy and quality standards analytical and process thinking skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel Word PowerPoint Access and Outlook...
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and oral) and on other European language. Other European languages are considered advantageous.
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers