Sub Advisor Oversight and Operational Due Diligence Analyst with State Street Global Advisors, AVP
What we will ask you to do:
As a Sub Advisor Oversight and Operational Due Diligence Analyst, the following responsibilities apply to you:
Who you are:
- Collect, review and assess third party, investment managers' Due Diligence Questionnaires ("DDQ"), legal documentation, audit financial documents and the investment managers policy and procedural documents regarding operations, compliance, and trade execution. Details in the DDQs include responses to non-investment risk inquiries concerning, an asset manager's organization & structure, regulatory & compliance, trade execution, technology and business continuity & disaster recovery.
- Raise issues identified during the DDQ review process as necessary. Monitor the DDQ tracking sheet to ensure status of receipt for all managers.
- Perform daily media monitoring using vendor applications and review all news articles identified. Establish ad hoc searches as needed. Maintain search criteria to ensure our searches accurately reflect scope of current external managers.
- Own the background check ordering and invoice payment process. Address vendor's billing inquires.
- Participate in manager reviews and conference calls with our Senior Operational Due Diligence Analysts, among other areas.
- Follow up with external managers regarding open items identified during operational due diligence reviews or identified in the DDQ responses of third party investment managers.
- Assist in substantiating and assessing our external managers critical third party service providers relationships including the fund admin, custodian/prime broker, Directors/Trustees etc.
- Carry out special projects or other responsibilities, as directed by management.
Education & Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently on assigned project, and to lead multiple assignments concurrently that may have competing deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Equal opportunities Statement
- Prospective candidates should have direct operational due diligence experience or experience in asset management, auditing, legal/compliance, middle/back office operations, fund administration or investment advisory.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer