Location: Krakow, Poland
Traded Risk is part of Wholesale Credit and Market Risk. The function enables the company to carry out its global business objectives within the company's agreed risk appetite by providing analysis and expertise across all the company's geographical locations, business lines and functions.
The role holder will act as a team lead for the Traded Risk Krakow team, directing an overall team in Krakow of approximate 35 FTEs and reporting into the Head of Global Risk Analytics and Traded Risk.
Traded Risk is responsible for:
* Both credit and market risk in the Global Markets business.
* Monitoring both credit and market risk exposure against limits.
* Exposure stress testing.
* Defining permissible instruments for trading.
* Enforcing new product approval procedures.
* Provide SLOD for Capital and Liquidity.
* Work effectively with the Traded Risk Management team globally.
* Establish, maintain and develop the relationship with Global Markets Middle Office, the providers of good quality Data to Traded Risk, ensuring appropriate controls have been embedded and are operating effectively.
* Acts as a subject matter expert across complex organizations, lines of business, and subject matters. (Global, regional, global business and country specific issues)
* Closely monitors significant/high issues and where necessary establishes direct monitoring and resolution.
* Maintains the company's internal control standards and addresses internal and external audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
* Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed.
* Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
* Acts as the escalation point, takes accountability for the overall Traded Risk Krakow team.
* Provide timely inputs and advanced indication to the Head of Traded Risk Krakow on emerging threats.
* Active participation and management in the rollout of new initiatives and deployment of skilled resources.
* Knowledge of financial markets, trading business, market risk measures.
* Some understanding of key risk factors for products, risk sensitivities and how they are measured.
* Previous exposure to risk calculations, systems, VaR, IRC, RWA reporting and regulatory framework.
* Strong man-management track record with a proven ability to lead and develop global teams
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and software development tools (VBA, Python, etc).
* Excellent interpersonal skills combined with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Familiarity with analytical reporting, e.g. explanation of a transformation by decomposition.
* Awareness of current market / economic events and of changing regulatory landscape.
* Excellent presentation skills to brief senior management on topics and summarize key information.
* Good business analysis skills.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: