Governance & Oversight Consultant
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland Posen Wielkopolskie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 07 Jun 18 2018-06-07
Franklin Templeton International Services S.à r.l. (“FTIS”) performs an important role in the European business strategy of Franklin Templeton Investments. The entity is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (the “CSSF”) in Luxembourg, and holds licenses as a UCITS management company, an Alternative Investment Fund Manager (“AIFM”) (collectively a “supermanco”), and recently has acquired a MIFID Ancillary license to enable it to perform portfolio management activities.
The entity manages funds domiciled in Luxembourg, the UK, Ireland, Romania and the Cayman Islands, representing approximately $120bn in assets under management.
FTIS is now looking for a Governance & Oversight Consultant to assist Senior Management to run a governance and oversight framework which includes reporting to the FTIS and Funds’ Boards, as well as delegation oversight.
Who are we looking for?
Please refer to the sections below on desirable experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. We are looking for a candidate with around 5-10 years of experience, who has solid knowledge of governance processes. Suitable candidates may come from a risk management, compliance, private client or similar background.
Although the position has no direct reports, it will work closely with other resources in the Governance & Oversight team and our key stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Transfer Agency, Risk Management and Fund Administration. The right candidate will need strong influencing and negotiation skills in order to obtain information and explanation through business partners and other stakeholders, as well as debate and challenge status quo, often with senior leaders within the organisation.
Monitoring and Oversight, Due Diligence and Documentation
- Ensure the due diligence framework is robustly maintained and documented to guarantee all day-to-day operations of the Management Company, including risk management and compliance, as well as delegated functions, are subject to the appropriate level of ongoing oversight.
- Critically analyse and opine from a governance and oversight perspective on the regular reporting from the overseen functions.
- Work individually and in cooperation with relevant functional teams in order to ensure that delegates are reviewed on a regular basis, including where applicable the effectiveness of their processes, procedures and arrangements.
- Continuously assess and improve, if necessary, all aspects of the oversight framework. Review and amend it to take account of new regulatory requirements (e.g. MIFID II). Develop practical scalable solutions to develop governance and oversight processes.
- Support other G&O Consultants in the development and maintenance of the Investment management Oversight and Distribution Oversight frameworks.
- Lead, coordinate and actively support work of various committees to meet the oversight obligations..
- Provide quality customer service and build relationships with different business partners across the Management Company.
- Maintain structure and content of the dedicated Management Company’s SharePoint sites.
- Analyze results of oversight work and draft relevant reports for the attention of the Senior Management and the Boards.
- Support the periodic and ad hoc reporting to the FTIS and Fund Boards. Coordinate with other functional groups to ensure consistency throughout the Board Pack.
- Schedule and plan content for FTIS and Fund Board meetings. Ensure all deliverables are collected on time, track actions arising and follow up on them.
- Ensure Management Company and Fund policies and procedures are updated, reviewed and approved by the respective Boards annually.
Corporate/Cross functional level activities relating to the Management Company
- Own and respond to requests for due diligence from external parties on FTIS. Work with lines of business to determine appropriate due diligence responses, as well as manage and maintain database of responses.
- Mintain the accuracy and relevance of information included in a central due diligence repository as well as manage database of standard responses.
- Collate and manage centrally administered projects and initiatives concerning developing the governance framework, regulatory changes, product initiatives, Board reporting efficiencies etc.
- Help maintain and further develop policies and procedures across the Management Company in Luxembourg. Ensure all key P&P documents are developed and would stand up to regulatory questioning and scrutiny.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience within the asset management/investment funds industry.
- A university degree in accounting or business, or equivalent qualification.
- A qualification funds/investment management industry (e.g. CFA, CIPM, FRM, and CAIA) would be seen as an advantage.
- A business or professional qualification in finance, accounting or management (e.g. MBA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, and CPA) would also be viewed favorably.
- English is the primary working language.
- Sound understanding of investment funds, including financial instruments and local regulatory environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills – the person will be required to interact with senior level leaders within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills – the ability to challenge and question in a constructive manner.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to interact in a multi-site and cross-functional environment and build collaborative, trust-based relationships.
- Perseverance and patience in communication and the implementation and evolution of new governance and oversight frameworks.
- Become a valuable member of the wider Governance and Oversight team, ensuring that we are fully compliant with regulation while being business pragmatic.
- No direct responsibility however, needs ability to negotiate and influence with peers and senior leaders without direct supervision over staff.
- Appropriate (executive) presence to deal with senior leaders (board members) and external clients/partners (auditors, regulators, etc.).
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- Critically analyse problems, identify issues, seek/recommend/implement solutions and escalate where required.
- Negotiate and persuade and build logical business cases/arguments based on fact.
- Adapt to change and effectively cope with multiple business demands simultaneously.
- Identify, articulate and decisively address solutions to business problems.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP SKILLS
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.