Senior Fund Tax Consultant
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
We’re currently looking for a qualified Senior Fund Tax Consultant to join our team The Global Fund Tax Department of Franklin Templeton is responsible for managing the tax compliance and tax planning for all Franklin Templeton funds and products globally. The department consists of teams located in the US, Canada, Australia and different European locations. For our tax team in Poznań, we are recruiting a Senior Fund Tax Consultant.
The Senior Fund Tax Consultant is required to work closely with staff in other business units (e.g. Fund Accounting, Reporting, Investment Operations, etc.) to ensure departmental commitments and deadlines are met.
- Assist with ensuring that all tax compliance requirements for the European funds are met and that all tax-related tasks are performed in accordance with the laws.
- Provide tax assistance to other business units.
- Assist with identifying tax law changes impacting our funds and with defining business requirements resulting from changes in tax laws.
- Ensure that fund tax procedures are followed and updated as necessary.
- Perform research on tax matters as assigned by the Tax Manager.
- Respond to queries raised by the tax authorities.
The ideal candidate:
- A minimum of 3 years of tax experience in an advisory firm or in an industry position, ideally within the financial industry and with exposure to international tax matters.
- A university degree in law, accounting, taxation or in a related filed (e.g. Business Administration, Economics) with a substantial concentration in tax.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). An additional language would be an advantage.
- Good computer skills (MS Office applications, especially Excel).
- Recognized local Tax and/or Legal qualification would be an advantage.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Strongly motivated regarding self-developme
Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees