CIB - F&BM - Equities, Prime, Clearing Product Controller - External Reporting - Associate
Equities is split into Cash andEquity Derivatives (EDG). EDG provides structuring and trading services onequity-based derivatives products to a broad range of clients. EDG is theprimary risk manager of derivative transactions in the Equities division andtrades both linear and non-linear products. EDG consists of Exotics, Flow, Corporate Derivatives, Delta One,Financing and Convertible Bonds desks. Cash Equities executes trades andmarkets research ideas to corporate, institutional and hedge fund clients, andoffers worldwide execution capabilities across all exchanges and electronicnetworks. Trades are executed as Agency, Risk Free Principal and Principal, offeringboth High Touch and Low Touch solutions.
The Prime business offersflexible financing to clients in either physical form or through syntheticproducts and with its ability to borrow and lend securities (stock loan) alsoallows clients to create short exposure. A further role of the Prime business is to provide the wider Equitiesand Prime businesses with both short term and long term secured funding.
Clearing is comprised of Futures& Options (F&O), Over the Counter Clearing (OTC Clearing) and OTCIntermediation. F&O provides Sales, Execution and Clearing services acrossfixed income, equity, foreign exchange and commodity asset classes. Clearingprovides intermediation services to clients globally, including facilitatingthe clearing process.
External reporting,Balance sheet, Risk Weighted Assets and Liquidity roles are an extension of theproduct controller role within CIB Finance & Business Management.
Controllers areresponsible for the timely and accurate regulatory submissions of the Line ofBusiness, producing and reviewing balance sheet, Risk Weighted Assets andLiquidity requirements for the business, Treasury and External Submissions. Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of month end and quarter end regulatorysubmissions, primarily supporting SEC and US Regulatory Reporting.
- Ensure the accuracy of external reporting and internal MIS thatdrives internal charges
- Investigation and explain of business drivers underpinningsignificant financial movements, for balance sheet, Risk Weighted Assets andLiquidity; for the business, senior management, CIB Treasury, Legal Entity Controllers,Corporate Reporting and others.
- Maintaining a reporting framework that will support the businessview as well as meeting individual sub-LOBs business needs, delivering Daily,Weekly, Monthly Quarterly reports as required.
- Understand how the products are recognized and represented on thebalance sheet and be able to investigate and ensure it is in adherence toregulatory, GAAP, and financial disclosure requirements.
- Identify best practices and suggest and implement controls and processes to improve accuracy andefficiency of reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all CIB and Corporate Policies such asBalance Sheet and Product Control Standards, ensuring controls are documentedand transparent.
- Building and maintaining relationships with thewider Global Product Control team and with other teams within Finance includinglegal entity controllers, regulatory controllers, internal and externalauditors
- Collaborate / manage projects and initiatives relatedto all of the above as well as larger cross-business programmes.
- Bachelor's degree in area of: finance, accounting, statistics, or economics
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Good accounting and finance knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - MS Excel, MS Access,Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills - ability to relayinformation in a concise and understanding manner
About J.P. Morgan:
- Professional attitude, strong team player and personable / approachable manner
- Analytical and logical manner; good at problem solving and devising solutions
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results within tight deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Investigative mind-set, able to see issues at both a high level and in detail
- Energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong team player, comfortable working with all levels of the organization
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Accounting / Control experience- a professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA - nice to have
J.P.Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to theworld's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, MiddleEast and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support ourgrowth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited toexpand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative anddedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bringus your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with peoplearound the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you andmaking a success of this key new location for our business.
J.P. Morgan offersan exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer .