Corporate Treasury - Treasury Services - TxB Payment Operations - Vice President - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations partners with all areas of Goldman Sachs to deliver our institutional, consumer and asset management businesses and to provide a seamless experience for our clients. We manage and process our clients' business, including onboarding, post-trade processing and regulatory compliance. Our teams work closely across the firm to develop and deliver new products and services, while mitigating operational risk and enhancing the client experience. We drive process and technology change to scale and automate our businesses. Operations professionals are either embedded in the revenue division that they support, or they support multiple businesses and are part of core Operations.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for Transaction Banking critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage Transaction Banking cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a global, multi-faceted and cross product team within Operations. The primary objective of the team is to deliver smooth payments execution and reconciliation, and tying it back to tight ledger integrity. Treasury Services have regional presence in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Warsaw, Bangalore and Singapore. Treasury Services serves as the firm's central bank for processing and managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, and monitoring transactions for compliance to legal and regulatory requirements. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space. Treasury Payment Operations partners with Transaction Banking Operations to provide front to back services to transaction banking clients around the world in services including execution of payments and exception management. For every new product launched and every client on-boarded it is Operations that develops and enables business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Supervise payment settlement functions, perform discrepancy review, approve settlements performed by team members, resolving breaks and exceptions, and managing the accuracy of the firm's books and records.
- Manage escalations and issue recovery and resolution related to payment activities
- Partner with Transaction Banking business to resolve incidents, file errors and rejects and monitoring controls.
- Work directly with the line and cross-functional teams to identify risk gaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop procedures, work with various projects team, and assist with building systems and controls to meet new consumer business requirements and onboard industry or regulatory requirements
- Partner with Transaction Banking business, Ledger Operations, Legal, Compliance, and wider Treasury Services organization to ensure accurate execution, reconciliation, and governance of payment settlement activity.
- Build, implement, or maintain procedures to governing the settlement process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally.
- Develop and coach members of the team by providing real-time feedback and opportunities for progression.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and recommendation of potential new hires to ensure adequate resources for managing the business risks.
- Own vendor relationships and complete monthly KPI reviews for vendor management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Cash Management experience in a regulated banking environment
- Expertise Technical knowledge of payments scheme requirements i.e. Fedwire, CHIPS, CHAPS, BACS, FPS, Target 2, SEPA, SWIFT general cash management and Nostro reconciliation
- A minimum of 5-7 years cash management | settlements experience
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver messages effectively in a verbal and also written format.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and computer proficiency.
- Clear thinker, problem solver and the ability to work in cross-functional projects and identify process improvements.
- Ability to create and deliver business presentations and communicate effectively
- Inquisitive nature and good listening skills
- Systems savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Critical attention to detail required
- Strong team player
- High energy & motivated, especially in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with firm's proprietary systems to settle payments
- Experience with people management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5-7 or above years of experience in a large & global financial institution
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity