Data Intelligence - Data Governance - Enterprise Data Governance - Team Lead / VP (DIO - Governance)
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Mar 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
• You will be part of the new Data Intelligence Office, providing insight into our data
• The applications you build will be used across the Firm to implement our global data governance strategy
• You will use leading open source and GS developed technology for visualizing data, workflows and lineage
• You will use agile practices - working closely with our users, continuous test and deploy, estimating and managing work
The Technology Division
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Data Intelligence Office - Data Governance
The Enterprise Data Governance Office is a global team responsible for reducing the firm's risk by implementing and holding the firm accountable to its data governance policy. This is being achieved through a framework, tooling and workflow. It includes overseeing data standards and implementation of data unification and transparency.
We are a global team, implementing Data Governance policy and procedures. We build processes and tooling to identify where and how data flows within the Firm and how it is transformed and reported. We use this meta-data for regulatory requirements and to gain insights into our data - aiming to cut duplication, improve quality and respond faster to new business opportunities. Our users need to search and visualize the firm's data flows. We will be mining our existing and new data stores, data models and processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be contributing to applications used globally, and delivering to meet critical regulatory deadlines
• You will be running projects to deliver significant new capabilities across the Firm, driving discovery and use of curated data
• You'll have impact across the firm as Data Governance improves data integrity, provides insights into our data and streamlines new applications
• You'll gain experience and knowledge of Enterprise data governance
• You will add to your architecture portfolio, designing and building multi-tier, service oriented platforms
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 5 years of Java development
• At least 3 years of service oriented architecture development
• Experience of running development projects with teams of 3-5 developers
• Experience of end to end design and implementation of software products
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge and learn
• Appreciates and delivers clear, well tested code
• Builds motivated and effective development teams
• Graph database development and graph design (e.g. Neo4J, OrientDB)
• Knowledge of Web UI technologies (including Angular, React)
• Strong database skills
• Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.