Full Stack Developer - Relationship Data
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Data Engineering organization aims to make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets. Within Data Engineering the Client Data team is responsible for capturing/modelling & distributing a consistent view of client data across the firm.
Across the team we have various projects that aim to:
- Curate, design and catalogue high quality data models for reliable data access
- Build highly scalable data processing logic for use across a wide range of datasets and applications
- Build tooling to support the maintenance of the curated datasets & maintain data quality
- Provide data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes
This role is within the client data curation application team, which specifically targets client reference data curation, management tooling and distribution across the wider organization. The core of the application is built around modern services framework, and web-based UI. It is a global team, and nearly all deliverables require close working with global team members. Even though the role is highly technical, to succeed within the organization it is important to have an interest understanding the data, and utilization patterns.
In addition to technical skills, it is important the candidate has an interest in understanding existing and potential data sets from both an engineering and business context. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build & deploy modern data management tools to curate key client reference data sets, models and workflows
• identify areas for process automation and further efficiencies
• Evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
• Engineer data processing pipelines
• Partner with data platform teams to adopt cloud based processing pipelines & data distribution
• Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
• Practice sustainable incident response SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years of hands on development experience(Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
• Familiar with design patterns, domain driven design and other software development best practices
• Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• Excellent communications skills(written & oral) and the ability to work with subject matter experts
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally Preferred Qualifications
• Data visualization & data modelling experience. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.