GSS - Business Operations Manager - Associate - Accounts Payable
Corporate Accounts Payable - Business Operations Manager - Associate - Accounts Payable Legal Billing based in Warsaw, Poland Overview
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As we continue to refine our location strategy, opening a corporate center in Warsaw provides us with an exciting opportunity to expand. We're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in Warsaw. This is your chance to bring us your expertise and become part of a global community, working with people around the world, for a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
Global Supplier Services Operations is a centralized operational group within GSS that manages Procurement operations, Corporate Accounts Payable operations, Travel & Entertainment claim processing, Accounting operations & Indirect Tax Operations. Job Description
The Account Payable Operations team processes invoices, supports determination of indirect tax on transactions & ensure adherence to corporate substantiation standards.
As manager of the Legal Billing Team the Associate will be responsible for the team's service delivery, quality and timeliness of customer interactions & adherence to the defined control framework. The manager will also be responsible in ensuring a healthy environment for the team to work in, managing the employee lifecycle & employee welfare. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Managing a Legal Billing Team which performs audit reviews on invoices, supports determination of indirect tax on transactions & ensure adherence to corporate substantiation standards.
- Partner with the relevant line of business stakeholders in resolving any issues end users are experiencing with processing of vendor invoices.
- Support the accounting services & payment teams to ensure all transactions are paid and accounted for appropriately.
- Address and resolve customer escalations promptly and focus on eliminating the root cause of problems.
- Write/revise Detailed Operating Procedures to document processes.
- Participate in working groups supporting strategic platform changes & process improvement initiatives.
- Affirm employee engagement, satisfaction & welfare through the employee life cycle.
- Partner with operations groups globally to ensure consistency of process delivery, customer experience & control environment.
- Prior experience of managing processes independently
- Practical knowledge of legal billing processes would be an asset
- Experience with Passport System would be an asset
- Prior experience in managing teams
- Good attention to detail & problem solving skills
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Good MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) - SharePoint knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level understanding of Corporate Accounts Payable operations
- Degree or significant previous equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and research skills with attention to detail
- Exposure to project management & process improvement techniques will be an added advantage