Global Markets - FICC Ops - Currency Operations - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The FICC Operations team manages the FX middle office, trade confirmations and settlements work-flow. The team is responsible for the operational risk management of the firm's foreign exchange trading activities. This includes support of all foreign exchange derivative products traded by the FX Trading & Sales Desks in EMEA and Currency Futures and Listed Options.
- Work closely with Trading, Liquidity and Treasury teams to ensure that firm funding obligations are met.
- Partnership with the FX Sales and Trading teams in handling client and processing requests.
- Risk manage confirmations and settlements for Foreign Exchange transactions
- Pro-actively work with external clients and other dealers to resolve economic discrepancies on FX
- Partner with internal teams - Sales, Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure timely confirmation and settlement
- Maintain accurate and clean post settlement work-flows - breaks, fails, etc
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- Project and initiative management and participation within the team and across regions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree
- Knowledge in the field of financial markets
- 1 year of experience in Operations or related field
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong appreciation of client service
The analyst is required to be dynamic and client service oriented with high focus on risk and control. From an early stage, we develop and expect our analysts to think creatively and 'outside the box', as well as improving the daily process and taking responsibility and ownership for this to happen. The role also requires the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple activities and significant interaction with clients so communication will be a key asset. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity