Global Markets Compliance, Monitoring & Surveillance, Analyst/Associate, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Securities Division Compliance Monitoring and Surveillance team ("SMS") is part of the Global Markets Compliance team which provides compliance coverage and support to the Equities and FICC (Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities) Sales and Trading businesses. SMS's primary function is to manage compliance and regulatory risk through the development and oversight of controls.
SMS helps identify and prioritize the compliance and regulatory risks across the Global Markets businesses, and works to develop and/or enhance appropriate risk control measures to mitigate such risks. The controls include preventative front-end trading system controls and processes, surveillance reports and processes, and management information systems. Post development, SMS performs surveillance reviews and maintains oversight of! such controls to ensure the continuing integrity, relevance and proper performance of those controls. On a daily basis, team members are responsible for reviewing a set of surveillance reports and interacting with line compliance and the business to determine whether an exception can be closed or requires further escalation. Team members also work with colleagues in Audits and Inquiries to provide data and respond to requests from the various regulatory bodies that oversee our business lines.
SMS works closely with the Business, Line Compliance and Technology as well as other groups within the Firm, in the US, EMEA and Asia, and as such, aims to bring a global perspective and globally coordinated approach as well as customized solutions to mitigate local regulatory risks.
RESPONSIBILITIES Development of Controls
Oversight of Controls
- Partner with Business Personnel, Compliance Officers, and Compliance Technology to develop and/or enhance system controls, surveillances and associated procedures and training.
- Apply a consistent approach across businesses, products and regions.
Management Information Systems
- Perform surveillance reviews and discuss exceptions with Business Personnel and Compliance Officers.
- Monitor that surveillance reviews are being performed properly from a qualitative and timeliness perspective.
- Provide training on performance of specific surveillances.
- Oversee exception reviews generated by detective controls.
- Identify enhancements to existing controls. Test the integrity of system controls and surveillance reports by participating in testing programs and validating test results.
- Participate in periodic risk assessments.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Develop and/or enhance systematic processes for escalating issues.
- Develop and/or enhance tools to track repeat offenders and identify patterns of problematic activity across businesses, products and regions.
- Coordinate issues, findings and practices with colleagues across regions and/or divisions.
- Management reporting.
- Reporting of exception reviews generated by detective controls.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Previous experience in Compliance, Surveillance, Internal Audit or other control function.
- Working knowledge of securities markets, businesses, products.
- Working knowledge of securities and exchange rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of detection logic and surveillance development.
- Preferred knowledge of sales and trading system functionality.
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of senior and junior people, and build smooth working relationships.
- Highest attention to detail.
- Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial inclination - ability to work alone and act as project manager.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity