Internal Audit - Banking Business - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INTERNAL AUDIT
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
- Global Markets - covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
- Banking - covers the firm's Investment Banking activities, Global Investment Research and the Private side of the Asset Management Division.
- Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management and the Public side of the Asset Management Division.
- Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Executive Office.
- Platform Engineering - covers the firm's core technology infrastructure and software development lifecycle control groups.
- Technology Risk & Cybersecurity - covers firm-wide technology risk, including information and cyber security, business resilience, governance and vendor technology risk management. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Internal Audit Banking team is seeking a highly motivated business auditor with strong analytical and technical skills. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Investment Banking Division including Transaction Banking, the Asset Management Division and Global Investment Research business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Participate in / lead planning and scoping reviews - this will involve meeting relevant stakeholders to understand and walk through the business and technology processes to identify key risks and controls
- Prepare the audit testing program and assess the adequacy of the design and operation of controls associated with key risks
- Assess the risk and impact of issues identified and assist with production of report to management
- Engage in ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents
- Liaise with colleagues globally to understand global processes and facilitate benchmarking of best practice
- Establish and maintain internal client relationships and identify changes in the control environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Preferred prior experience in financial services and auditing controls
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- An ability to work effectively across a large global audit team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity