Internal Audit - EMEA Reporting and Analysis - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INTERNAL AUDIT
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Role Overview
The Internal Audit ("IA") EMEA Reporting Team ("the Team") reports to both the IA EMEA Head and the Global Reporting team head; depending on Team member locations, the team will also report to IA heads on those locations. The Team works closely with the Head and co-Heads of the IA EMEA department as well as IA EMEA Managing Directors to prepare presentations to the Audit Committee and other Board of Directors.
The Team also provides IA EMEA senior leadership with metrics related to Audit Plan execution and IA findings remediation by senior management across the firm. The Team assists with two of the department-wide processes: i) Audit Plan Development for EMEA entities, ii) Presenting key metrics on remediation of findings relevant to EMEA entities. The Team also participates on strategic process enhancements to drive efficiency in the department and works closely with the Professional Practice Group, Technology Strategy Office, Data Analytics and senior auditors on implementing strategic changes as prioritized by IA's senior leadership.
The Team is responsible for preparing the regional Audit Committee materials and assisting with legal entity board materials, as well providing key metrics to the IA EMEA senior leadership team to facilitate audit plan and findings management. Key Responsibilities
Business Knowledge / Qualifications
- Assisting in the development and preparation of IA management presentations
- Assisting with regional governance reporting as well as affiliate entity board/committee reporting
- Liaising with IA managers across the globe to ensure accuracy and completeness of legal entity information and monitoring of changes
- Representing the reporting team in IA projects, initiatives and working groups
- Utilizing and leveraging information available in IA applications to respond to ad hoc requests from senior management
- Participating in functional and cross-functional projects as needed
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ability to drive process efficiencies and automation using Python
- Strong technical skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and present insightful reports to stakeholders based on data analysis
- Creating dashboards and/or developing other visualization tools using Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including timely escalation of blockers/setbacks
- Developing and sustaining positive working relationships, influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Project management; ability to prioritise effectively, multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; highly organized with attention to detail
- Highly adaptable, ability to work strategically and tactically within a team based in multiple locations or on challenging individual projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity