Internal Audit - Reporting and Analysis - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INTERNAL AUDIT
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
The IA EMEA Reporting team (The Team) reports directly to the IA EMEA Head, depending on Team member's locations, the team will also report to IA heads on those locations. The Team works closely with the Head and co-Heads of the IA EMEA department as well as IA EMEA Manager Directors to prepare presentations to the Audit Committee and other Board of Directors.
The Team also provides IA EMEA senior leadership with metrics related to Audit Plan execution and IA findings remediation by senior management across the firm. The Team assists with two of the department-wide processes: i) the IA Annual Risk Assessment for in EMEA Legal Entities, ii) Audit Plan Development for EMEA entities. The Team also participates on strategic process enhancements to drive efficiency in the department and works closely with the Professional Practice Group (PPG), Technology Strategy Office (TSO), Data Analytics (DA) and senior auditors on implementing strategic changes as prioritized by IA's senior leadership.
The Team is responsible for preparing the regional Audit Committee (AC) and assisting with legal entity Board materials, as well as for providing key metrics to the IA EMEA senior leadership team to facilitate audit plan and findings management. Key Responsibilities
Business Knowledge / Qualifications
- Assisting in the development and preparation of Internal Audit management presentations
- Assisting with regional governance reporting as well as affiliate entity board/committee reporting
- Liaising with Internal Audit managers across the globe to ensure accuracy and completeness of legal entity information and monitoring of changes
- Representing the reporting team in IA projects, initiatives and working groups
- Utilizing and leveraging information available Internal Audit applications to respond to ad hoc data requests from senior management
- Participate in functional and cross-functional projects as needed
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Creating dashboards and/or developing other visualization tools using Tableau
- Strong technical skills preferred including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including early stakeholder's engagement into projects/initiatives and timely escalation of blockers/setbacks
- Developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively, multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Highly adaptable, ability to work strategically and tactically within a team based in multiple locations or on challenging individual projects
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity