About Standard Chartered
The Standard Chartered is an international bank which operates in Asia, Middle East, Africa. Our Liquidity Technology team requires Java Developers to develop web-based applications for a range of regulatory and internal requirements. This role sits within a new Liquidity Technology department in Standard Chartered GBS Warsaw and will work closely with the Treasury Team, Liquidity Solutions Engineers, Project Managers, Treasury Business Change functions and the wider Liquidity Technology Development teams on various business initiatives.
As a Java Developer you will be involved in all of: software design; architecture specification; implementation; requirements gathering; research engineering. Our developers are responsible for engineering a wide range of software solutions relating to Treasury and Balance Sheet Management.
You will work directly with business users, building software to automate their work and improve their efficiency. The role is highly development focused and you will use Java for almost all tasks: data analysis, market data publishing, database access, web services, everything. This is a fast-paced role - code you write today will be deployed within hours to hundreds of users and has to work. The Role Responsibilities
• Development of technology tasks based on requirements provided by Business Departments;
• Providing proposals of solutions that help SCB Business Units to achieve their goals;
• Perform impact analysis and provide development estimates for delivery of technology tasks;
• Participate in unit and integration testing of components delivered by Technology Team. Our Ideal Candidate
• Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
• 3+ years industry experience in Java development especially technologies like:
• Java 11,
• Spring 5, Spring Boot 2+,
• Integration technologies like Rest API, Microservices,
• Oracle DB, PostgreSQL,
• React JS - yes, we also code in JS,
• Good understanding of software development life cycle and system solutions design
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills across various levels in an organisation
• Attention to detail and being able to work within tight timeframes and manage multiple deliverables
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .