Java Software Developer - Client Assets
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Mar 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
Client Assets Technology is at the core of Client Protection and Collateral Management functions for Goldman Sachs Globally. You will be working to analyse, design, build and support the next generation Client Assets Platform; responsible for the segregation of customer assets implementing complex optimization calculations and controls across business functions and asset classes.
As an engineer in Client Assets technology you will be required to work with a diverse and skilled set of global engineers facing of directly with business users on initiatives that have a direct impact to the firms PnL. You will be expected to actively engaging in all parts of the design and Agile delivery with a healthy capacity to learn new technologies/practices and contribute back to the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Seeking a driven, self-motivated core member of the global development team
• Work on projects that build/enhance Client Assets systems and strategic functions
• Engage with Operational users in performing deep level analysis of data across many systems to determine appropriate solution for a given problem
• Participate in the full SDLC for software written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, RMI, JMS messaging and web UIs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 3+ Years of Java Knowledge
• 3+ Years of Database/SQL
• Object Oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture
• Junit, Knowlede of Testing Paradigms
• Understanding of Financial Domain
• Experience working with an Agile approach to Software Development
• Experience building RESTFul web-services, HTML5/JS User Interfaces
• Experience with Graph database technology
• Knowledge of Fitnesse and other test automation technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.