KYC Senior Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support as part of CET.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely completion of CDD applications/renewals, identification of required documentation, sourcing of underlying documents, and maintenance of eCDD static data, FATCA Due Diligence, CRS Due Diligence.
Business and Processes / Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Build a CDD profile on ecdd+ using public sources and various BIS as available
- Perform FATCA, CRS Due Diligence on CDD and CDD Exempt Clients.
- Engage with RM's, IMO as required to obtain any missing documentation.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of cases assigned
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group/CIB FCC, Client Tax Information Teams.
- Support MIS /Tracking of deliverables for self and team
- Escalation of issues on profile production to CDD/FATCA Checker/Supervisor/Manager.
- Serve as a backup for Line Manager for key deliverables in his/her absence
Works with existing team members to ensure needs are fulfilled on an ongoing basis. Specifically:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Delivery of CDD analysis against agreed KPI's and KRI's
- Work in closely all internal stakeholders, identify and deliver Project, Process improvements, as applicable.
- Improve Quality Control functions through frequent review of Error metrics and analysis of rejection rates.
- Establish and develop effective working relationship with stakeholders
- Liaise and work closely with the Risk Team, FCC, GIA, Regulators and External Audit from time to time
- A focused individual who is an excellent communicator with good team skills, who has the ability to influence others by showing initiative and creativity.
- Written and spoken English needs to be at par with business standards considering the amount of interaction required primarily through written communication.
- 2-4 years' experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Basic understanding of the Financial Services Industry and its various underlying products.
- Needs to have an excellent understanding of sourcing information from various datasources, and in several cases utilizing financial reports, and audited statements for such purposes. Should have a keen eye for detail and needs to present his/her case accurately
- Problem Solving Skills - ability to think 'Out of the Box' and independently work around issues that arise from time to time.
- Experience in AML domain would be an added advantage
- Project Management capability particularly on Migration of Processes from other countries/regions.
- Proactive approach, with the ability to multi-task.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .