Lead Software Engineer - FICC XDA
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB XDA (Cross-Asset Derivatives Automation) Strats
We are a team of desk strategists who work to transform the FICC and Equity Derivatives businesses by automating the key decisions taken every day.
Our team uses cutting-edge technology to implement automated quoting, optimize hedging decisions and develop algorithms to trade derivatives on venues around the world.
We also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision-making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor.
Working in close collaboration with traders and sales, our invaluable quantitative perspectives on complex financial and technical challenges power our business decisions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why work with us?
- Design, implement, test and support distributed systems tracking business workflows for derivatives quoting, hedging and booking
- Build rich user applications using the latest web and server-side technologies
- Integrate with external platforms, markets and clients using industry standard protocols such as FIX and REST
- Capture data and analytics, used to improve business decision making and client experience
- Ensure systems can handle high data volumes using established and emerging technologies, techniques and processes.
- Collaborate closely with sales and trading, support our automated pricing and trading systems.
- Own and self-manage multiple projects and priorities and collaborate with a global team to deliver new functionality and enhancements to the business in a dynamic environment
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks
- REST Microservice architecture
- Gitlab SDLC
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Physics
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional programming language, such as Java, Python, C++ or C#
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Interest in quantitative finance, derivatives trading and analytics and building systems to model complex and electronic workflows in finance
- Experience in designing and implementing concurrent, distributed systems
- Experience designing scalable and reliable systems, with a focus on APIs / modularity / testability.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity