Legal, Derivative Documentation Group, Vice President, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland Warsaw Mazowieckie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS We are looking for a mid- to senior- level documentation professional with experience in ISDA negotiation.
Useful languages (besides English): French, German, Dutch, Danish, Russian, Italian and Spanish, written and spoken.
- Legal documentation negotiator of ISDA Derivative Master Agreements and related ancillary documents.
- Assisting lawyers in providing internal legal advice to the business and various other internal stakeholders on relevant legal issues.
- Undertake analysis of client/counterpart legal structure and conduct netting and collateral enforceability reviews.
- Liaison with counterparts, our business, credit officers, external counsel and various other internal stakeholders to ensure progression of files.
- Follow-up work, both internally and with counterparts to gather comments, information, review feedback and ultimately complete agreements.
- Organization of execution of completed agreements and dispatch for counterparts' signature.
- Follow-up work to ensure completion and closing of files.
- Other ad hoc projects arising out of legal/regulatory reform.
- Minimum 2 years directly relevant ISDA negotiation.
- Knowledge of various legal entities across multiple jurisdictions, including funds, insurance companies and pension schemes.
- Proven excellent organizational and prioritisation skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure.
- Must have strong academics and IT and systems skills.
- Team spirit essential.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion of negotiation process.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership.
- Previous team lead or supervisory experience could be beneficial.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.