Manager, Process and Controls (Data, Records and Privacy)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Assist in building and leading a multi-disciplinary team to drive privacy and data management best practice. As a senior leader in the Bank's Central Data organisation this is a pivotal role to build out and transform our data and privacy processes and controls.
The Data Management and Privacy Operations Team's mission is to move both privacy and data management beyond law, policy, and compliance and into operations.
Business, Functions and Regions
- Be the 'Product Owner' responsible for developing, prioritizing and implementing data and privacy controls using agile practices.
- Work closely with the Office of the Data Protection Officer and the Chief Data Officer to maintain up-to-date knowledge global privacy and data related laws and regulations to ensure process and controls achieve organisation complianc e.
- Identify, understand and assess trends in privacy and data management, driving adopting of process automation.
- Operationalize enterprise-wide data and privacy policies, standards, and procedures.
- Partner with Business and Functions to drive continual improvement of data and privacy practices and procedures across SCB.
- Design and measure implementation of best practice process and controls to achieve world class data management and privacy outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements this includes data quality standards, data lineage, and data glossary to ensure data use is in line with the intended model.
- Provide robust challenge and escalation to senior management and all relevant business/function/region stakeholders to ensure activities achieve risk reduction.
Supporting Strategic Delivery and Risk Reduction
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design, coordinate and implement innovative data strategies and systems that address these challenges.
- Build effective relationships with leaders to facilitate to grow trust with clients and regulators by delivering best practice in protecting data and privacy.
- Design and implement a best practice, scalable and repeatable Data Management Implementation.
- Systematic implementation of the Data Management Framework, and Privacy Management Framework, thereby driving consistency across the SCB enabling us to meet current and expected regulatory and business requirements.
- Map and assess control effectiveness.
- Ensure appropriate data and privacy controls are implemented to ensure data flows correctly across the business processes and systems.
- Develop, review and monitor data and privacy metrics to assess performance and effectiveness of data and privacy processes and controls.
- Drive the implementation of periodic revision of data and privacy controls to reflect changes in laws, regulatory or company policy and standards and ensure timely adoption and execution.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Experience in privacy / data protection.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management with the ability to build strong relationships to leverage resources outside of direct control to achieve goals.
- Experience within data governance or data centric role with a strong element of project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capability to build and maintain global relationships
- Ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders across the business to understand the evolving operational data needs of the organisation and our clients.
- Proficiency in data architecture, data modelling, data analytics and/or visualisation.
- Understanding and experience of the principles and tools supporting data governance and data management (metadata management, master data management, data lineage, data quality management)
- Ability to implement Data management framework across business and IT systems.
- Understanding of key regulations impacting data requirements (e.g. Consumer Data Right, GDPR, BCBS 239, new IFRS, Solvency II, Basel, CPG 235 etc.).
- Solution-focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .