Model Risk Management Analyst/Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland Warsaw Mazowieckie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk group is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assessing and quantifying model risk - the risk associated with the choice of models that are used to price exotic derivative transactions. As financial derivatives become more complex, so do the models used to value and risk manage them. Our group focuses on developing alternative models to quantify the sensitivity to choice of different models.
- Verification of model implementation, analysing all models used by the firm for valuing and risk managing derivatives contracts to ensure their consistency and validity.
- Advising senior management on the risks associated with particularly large transactions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The MRM group looks for people with strong quantitative and technological background with an interest in the financial markets. Those who join should have strong communication skills with the ability to explain quantitative models in an intuitive way.
The group is looking for bright and dynamic individuals who:
- Have strong quantitative skills with a Ph. D or Master degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Have a strong background in programming and/or algorithms
- Are comfortable in explaining complex models in an intuitive way
- Are team players and have the ability to come up with solutions quickly, think through solutions with others
- Are comfortable in working in a fast paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.