Network Engineer - Networks
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Foundational Infrastructure business unit and is based in multiple locations around the world. We engineer technologies, products and solutions across the entire Goldman Sachs network. This includes networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity and e-commerce services, cloud connectivity, the global core backbone, the design of the physical network supporting campus based users, interconnectivity to regional offices. We are also involved in the development of software solutions to support all aspects of network automation. The team ensures that knowledge, best practises and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Network Engineering is seeking an experienced engineer with excellent technical, analytical and communication skills. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
• Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
• Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
• Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
• Provide technical escalation for complex problems
• Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
• Engineering new solutions for internal clients to address business requirements SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably some time within Financial Sector.
• Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
• In-depth knowledge of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
• In-depth knowledge of data centre design principles, products and protocols
• Design and product experience with firewalls - Nokia/Checkpoint, Juniper Netscreen
• Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Layer4-7 switching / High Availability (Citrix Netscaler preferred), Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good Project Management experience (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
• Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Computing and Voice/Video
• Additional technologies of interest: Infiniband, Juniper JunOS, WiFi Preferred Qualifications
• Desirable - experience of application performance optimisation and troubleshooting through packet level analysis
• Desirable - software scripting and development experience, e.g. Automation & accessing web based services via APIs, specifically NodeJS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.