Operations Division - Bank Controls & Monitoring- Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations division is a dynamic, multi-faceted organization that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
GS Bank USA is a NY state chartered bank accepting deposits, lending to individuals and corporate clients, transacting in derivatives, and investing in community development programs. GS Bank is a primarily 'virtual' bank, serving clients around the world with no retail locations. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
As part of the Operations Division, the Bank Controls and Monitoring Team works very closely with various Operations teams such as Middle Office and Settlements, as well as within other divisions such as Bank Management, Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit to ensure the Bank is being properly monitored, regulated and controlled, while also looking towards strategic ways to continue to grow the Bank.
Bank Controls & Monitoring (BCM) is a high-value risk monitoring, reporting and infrastructure strategy team within the Operations Division. BCM is responsible for providing, maintaining and monitoring an overall effective control environment in relation to various Bank and Federal regulations. BCM works closely with the revenue divisions as well to define the appropriate support models for strategic bank initiatives such as TxB, and to define the strategies for identifying, developing and controlling commercial opportunities. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management. YOUR IMPACT
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and actively engage in new and exciting commercial and control initiatives within Operations relating to GS Bank.
Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with multiple stakeholders within Operations Division as well as outside divisions to help ensure overall compliance to bank regulations, including but not limited to Reg W and Reg O, and also contribute to different strategic and commercial Bank initiatives.
You will actively engage in new and exciting commercial and control initiatives within Operations relating to GS Bank. BCM is looking for professionals who will work with teams within the Operations Division as well as partner with outside divisions to help ensure overall compliance to bank regulations, including but not limited to Reg W and Reg O, and also contribute to different strategic and commercial Bank initiatives. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Management of daily Reg W & Reg O monitoring
- Exception management and resolution of GS Bank exposures/covered transactions
- Prepare daily/monthly management reports leveraging dashboards for senior management including Bank Board and Bank Management Committee
- Process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency for daily process management
- Problem solving capability for complex transactions impacting Bank regulations
- Provide project management leadership and support for new product development and Technology builds/enhancements
- Monitor and understand the workflows, processes and regulations impacting Operations for Bank activity
- Extensive ad hoc analysis for Bank transactions and impact on various Bank regulations (Reg W Section 23A)
- Liaise with and develop strong working relationships multiple groups across the firm including Bank Legal, Compliance, Technology, Controllers, Private Bank, Global Markets, IBD, IMD and various Federation & Operations teams
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1 year of experience in financial services.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation,
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations,
- Self-motivated and proactive team-player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Background in financial services control-side 'line-roles', e.g. Compliance, Finance, Operations
- Basic understanding of financial markets regulatory landscape
- Practical knowledge about financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives,
- Knowledge about project management and business analysis,
- Experience with Excel, Tableau and Alteryx
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity