Operations Engineering - Agreement Management - Business Application Engineer
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
You will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on critical business problems interacting with multiple businesses, operations and technology teams. We are responsible for a critical client facing function and aim to innovate and drive solutions through technology that will impact the bottom line for the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a fast paced environment ushering in significant change impacting our clients. You will be part of a global team driving large scale re-engineering of the systems supporting the negotiation, workflow and management of legal agreement documents governing how we interact with our OTC Derivatives clients.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of OTC derivatives across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit and Interest Rate derivatives. You will learn about the ISDA master agreement framework and how the client specific terms are negotiated, interacting with teams from multiple divisions in the Firm. Subsequent phases of the project will expand the coverage of products and assets classes.
- Advanced programming skills in Java
- Experience in domain driven design
- Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed algorithms, and designing for performance and resiliency
- Experience of managing complexity in software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Experience in collaborative document management systems
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
- Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of development projects and related support issues
- Experience in leading and managing end to end projects in an agile team with multiple global stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.