Operations Engineering - Regulatory Technology - Control Framework Engineer
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland Warsaw Mazowieckie PL
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
- Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on extremely interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector.
- We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.
- We are hiring for a number of teams that between them are using dozens of the technologies: Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's.
- We build a lot, in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage, 550k compute cores and >16 million software changes per month. We also give back to Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse Collections) and stay close to the start-up scene.
- Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and cloud deploy everywhere.
- We care a lot about our work environment, casual dress code, height adjustable desks and small teams (~5 person) per project within global teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
- We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Pluralsight, Safari Books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC (curated learning), soft skills education, women's mentoring program, and London based promotion courses.
- At GS we have a culture of giving, last year over 25K of our people volunteered on 1600 community projects across the world, this extends locally with support for Warsaw Business Run and IT for SHE women's program.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and implement controls on the new trade reporting platform supporting all global regulatory initiatives. The controls you will build are crucial to validating correctness of trade reporting to external regulators.
- Provide technical and functional leadership to a cross-functional engineering team.
- Deal with big data - millions of rows a day.
- Build relationships with users and facilitate requirements gathering and negotiating project scope.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading development teams with multiple global stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, mind-set of ownership and excellent follow-through
- Advanced programming skills in Java
- Experience of using a test driven development
- Experience with SQL and relational data bases and query optimization
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and resiliency
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Experience or a strong interest in financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience with near real time transactional systems with NoSQL databases (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
Working Style: Agile/Scrum
User Team Location: Warsaw, Bangalore, London, New York
Tech Team Location: Warsaw, London, New York
Direct Team Size: 5-8
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.