Quantitative Engineer - Corporate Treasury Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for quantitative engineers to work closely with Corporate Treasury business partners and help improve financial liquidity management function within our large investment bank. YOUR IMPACT
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to build software and automated tools/reports that help manage the firm's liquidity risk/projections, funding programs, and investing any excess liquidity.
In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining and developing algorithms to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developers a window into all aspects of Corporate Treasury's planning and execution to effectively solve business problems through engineering. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Forge strong relationships with our key business partners, understand financial markets, liquidity management strategies to develop and enhance our treasury systems and processes
- Work very closely with business to create real time impact and deliver product with most commercial value to Firm's revenue
- Apply analytics via code to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
- Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical financial solutions in software
- Develop scalable architecture and implement software's following full SDLC cycle
- Explore latest technology offering and platforms to strategize and build optimum technology solutions
- Bachelor's degree ,Master's degree, or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related area
- Strong analytical. mathematical, and problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to learn technologies and apply
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. Java, Scala, C++)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking,
- Excellent communication skills
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Python
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial asset
- Experience working in a global environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity