Risk, Credit Risk, Corporate Coverage, Analyst / Associate, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to deliver credit risk analysis on corporate transactions, on the basis of a thorough understanding of credit fundamentals, of leveraged capital structures and of risks associated with lending and derivatives products. You will be responsible, from a Credit Risk standpoint, for a portfolio of EMEA / Asia Corporates, and you will be expected to manage it on the basis of a deep understanding of credit fundamentals, market trends, impact of changing regulation requirements and risks associated with derivatives products and complex transactions.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with 300 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's corporate borrowers and counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Determine acceptable levels of credit exposure, write annual/quarterly reviews and recommend internal credit ratings
- Build and maintain financial projection models
- Monitor credit trends in the portfolio, perform distressed analysis and estimate potential impairments if needed
- Coordinate with Sales & Trading, Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Legal and Operations departments to review business and ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigants
- Represent credit views in risk committees
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader risk division as well as with other areas of the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 1 - 5 years of relevant experience in corporate credit analysis, preferably within credit risk management.
- Specific experience covering lending product and/or financial derivatives would be an advantage
- Broad knowledge of GS' business
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience of providing training and guidance to more junior colleagues
- Ability to work flexibly in teams and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel / VBA / SQL skills would be an advantage
- Real Estate, Natural Resources and Diversified Industries experience preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity