Senior Analyst, Process and Controls Data, Records & Privacy
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The Data Management and Privacy Operations Team's mission is to move both privacy and data management beyond law, policy, and compliance and into operations.
Business, Functions and Regions
- Identify, understand and assess trends in privacy and data management, driving adopting of process automation.
- Operationalise enterprise-wide data and privacy policies, standards, and procedures.
- Design and measurement of implementation of best practice process and controls to achieve world class data management and privacy outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements this includes data quality standards, data lineage, and data glossary to ensure data use is in line with the intended model.
Supporting Strategic Delivery and Risk Reduction
- Design, coordinate and implement innovative data strategies and systems that address these challenges.
- Build effective relationships with leaders to facilitate to grow trust with clients and regulators by delivering best practice in protecting data and privacy.
- Design and implement a best practice, scalable and repeatable Data Management Implementation.
- Systematic implementation of the Data Management Framework, and Privacy Management Framework, thereby driving consistency across the SCB enabling us to meet current and expected regulatory and business requirements.
- Map and assess control effectiveness.
- Ensure appropriate data and privacy controls are implemented to ensure data flows correctly across the business processes and systems.
- Develop, review and monitor data and privacy metrics to assess performance and effectiveness of data and privacy processes and controls.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Assist in identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating data privacy risks to the Group.
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder engagement and monitoring of the external environment to improve assurance planning.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Experience in privacy / data protection (or a graduate degree or focus on privacy).
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management with the ability to build strong relationships to leverage resources outside of direct control to achieve goals.
- Experience within data governance or data centric role with a strong element of project management.
- Proficiency in data architecture, data modelling, data analytics and/or visualisation.
- Understanding and experience of the principles and tools supporting data governance and data management (metadata management, master data management, data lineage, data quality management).
- Understanding of key regulations impacting data requirements (e.g. Consumer Data Right, GDPR, BCBS 239, new IFRS, Solvency II, Basel, CPG 235 etc.).
- Solution-focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .