Senior Java Developer - Inventory Management
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
The Inventory Management Engineering team is focused on driving down the firm's financing cost, in order to maximize our adjusted P&L, through the creation of a brand new software stack. Written in Java, our software platform leverages Kafka for event sequencing and operational research algorithms for optimization in order to manage billions of dollars' worth of the firm's cash and securities inventory. This role represents a true opportunity to make a large impact to our business by developing the next generation of efficient & scalable inventory management software, which aims to track the firm's inventory in real time and automatically optimize the placement of these assets in order to maximize the firm's efficiency.
In addition, we are developing tools to provide better visibility and control over intra-day liquidity and funding capacity by working closely with our trading desk. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHY INVENTORY MANAGEMENT?
As part of our team, you will participate in the creation of a brand new software platform with a very direct impact on our business. Members of our team:
- Create highly scalable systems; develop user-facing web applications and analytics.
- Design and development process working closely with traders and other user groups.
- Investigate available technologies, and build proof-of-concepts.
- Mentor junior developers on the team globally.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong programming experience in Java, Python, C, C++ or equivalent language
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with messaging technologies like Apache Kafka and analytics engines such as Apache Spark.
- High performance & throughput server side programming.
- SQL and NoSQL Database experience, knowledge of temporal databases would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of mathematical optimization.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity