Senior Java Developer - X-Store/Position Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB X-Store/Position Engineering
As part of our global team we are seeking a hands on, experienced software engineer.
The team is responsible for the development of a model driven, highly scalable, high performance, data storage and event processing framework. This provides low latency access for online processing, and leverages big data technologies for analytic processing.
We are also currently undertaking a multi-year initiative to re-engineer our trade lifecycle management, valuations, and control functions. This includes the data processing pipeline that we operate to compute the firms daily positions and valuations for PNL, accounting and reporting purposes. We also own a number of critical functions within the firm's front-to-back trade flow whilst working closely with business and engineering aligned teams across the firm.
The role gives you the opportunity to develop either in the direction of developing a OLTP & event processing platform or a position management and valuations system. Both are distributed, scalable systems with different focus:
Either high-volume, low-latency storage & event processing platform for supporting firm's middle/back-office functions;
Or close to the business, front-office management and valuations system that currently goes through a full re-engineering effort into service orientated architecture, posing a greenfield development opportunity. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why work with us?
- You will participate in the full software development lifecycle for microservice architecture, hands on with a subset of: Java, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful web services, Kafka, MongoDB, Aerospike, JMS messaging, ElasticSearch and Big Data solutions.
- Design, develop, peer-review, test and deliver cutting-edge, highly performant and resilient technical solutions. Meet evolving business demands and solve challenging technical problems.
- If you choose to, form strong client relationships with business, and other technology groups locally, and in multiple regions.
- Work with mission critical platforms.
- Support or replace existing critical applications with the best in class software.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit
- 4+ years of commercial experience working in a complex technical environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Cloud and Containers
- ElasticSearch and Kibana
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Aerospike)
- Kafka, Kafka Streams, ksqlDB
- Ability to translate verbal business requirements to written technical specifications.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity