Senior Manager, Delivery, GIA COO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role of Senior Manager, Delivery, COO, will work as part of a team to support the Head, Governance and Delivery, COO, in monitoring and supporting the delivery of GIA's functional strategy with a focus on the following:
- R eporting - including delivery of updates on the function's performance and support for committee reporting on GIA activities
- GIA Issue Management- responsible for the issue management framework and integration with Group-wide issue management systems
- Communications - working with Corporate Affairs partner and other stakeholders, lead for the COO team on building more impactful communications both internal to GIA and externally
- Outsourcing and Co-Sourcing - monitor and manage the function's co-source spend, reporting on a monthly basis
- Finance - support the Head, Governance and Delivery to ensure strong governance over the GIA budget and facilitate effective collaboration between Finance partners and GIA stakeholders
- Conflicts Management - responsible for ongoing monitoring of the functional conflicts management framework
This role works with the wider Governance and Delivery team to identify challenges to delivering the functional strategy and ensures that the right parties are engaged to resolve these. Our Ideal Candidate
- Audit or Risk professional, ideally with a recognised qualification and membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Work experience in internal audit, governance or related role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding ability to convey complex topics succinctly to a variety of audiences
- Driven and self-motivated
- Able to deliver quality work with minimal supervision
- Team player and committed to learning
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .