Senior Security Network Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing deep technical expertise across the entire network security portfolio/projects.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, designing and creating new infrastructure solutions for all network security projects aligned with the banks technical security standards and adequately address risk.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for making directional recommendation, taking into account multiple factors, including risks, alignment with current and future network performance specifications and cost/benefit analysis.
- Responsible for creating documentation and procedures necessary to provision and manage the recommended solution. Defines operational parameters and events for operation leads.
- Engages peers in technical dialog considering new ideas and applicability to the Bank's environment
- Understands architectural concepts and can create design artefacts (detailed diagrams and documentation) for engineering and operational peers.
Minimum 10 years experience in Banking, Information Security Technology
• Minimum 5 years experience in Network Security Design, Architecture or Engineering with experience leading a team in delivering technology centric customer focused services
· Strong technical skills and good understanding in Network Security Technologies, including but not limited to Intrusion Prevention, Breach Detection, Firewall Change Governance (Skybox, Tufin, Algosec), Cisco ACI, Network Segmentation Technology (VArmour)
, Firewalls (including Web Application Firewalls).
· Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to success and win
· Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Exudes confidence and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
· Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills (successfully lead and managed end-to-end technology services and or technology operations) with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prirotise
· Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
· Experience with defining and implementing operating models and driving organizational change
· Ability to lead and control programme and/or project management in the context of a significant amount of change
· Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of tareget audiences.