Software Developer - Corporate Treasury Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What we do (Corporate Treasury):
Corporate Treasury plays a central role in the firm's overall strategy with responsibility for providing appropriate funding to support all firm wide activity while maximizing net interest income. The division allocates financial resources, raises funding and capital to support firm activity, and dynamically manages the firm's asset liability risk and liquidity portfolio. Corporate Treasury actively engages in public markets and with businesses across the firm, investors, ratings agencies and regulators. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals with strong quantitative analysis skills, interest in portfolio management and a risk management mind set. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Corporate Treasury plays a central role in the firm's overall strategy with responsibility for providing appropriate funding to support all firm wide activity while maximizing net interest income. The division allocates financial resources, raises funding and capital to support firm activity, and dynamically manages the firm's asset liability risk and liquidity portfolio. Corporate Treasury actively engages in public markets and with businesses across the firm, investors, ratings agencies and regulators.
In Corporate Treasury Engineering, you'll find an exciting mix of computer science and finance to support Corporate Treasury in all its functions and also drive Engineering-led projects.
- We help treasury analyse our funding and liquidity position
- You will drive commercial impact by optimizing our trading positions and usage of assets and liabilities
- Engineers and non-Engineers closely collaborate so you will have the opportunity to interact with treasury on a regular basis
- Our systems are critical high availability systems
- We use a variety of technology such as
- Java and Scala
- Web-services such as React
- Proprietary solutions
- You will join our global team
- You will have a unique opportunity to learn and gain experience from a leading financial firm
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Who we look for:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor or higher degree in an Engineering field, e.g. computer science
- Programming experience in Java
- Interest in solving financial business problems with broad engineering methods but prior financial knowledge is not essential.
- Drive to commercial outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Desire to take responsibility for own work and projects.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity