Software Engineer - Risk Engineering
Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected counterparty events that may have an adverse financial impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages this risk. Risk Engineering team offers tailored engineering solutions for measuring, reporting and managing the associated counterparty credit risk.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. How you will fulfill your potential:
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of financial risk
- Build innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Build strong relationships with risk managers and other technology teams
- Work in a team of talented software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in system architectures and database modelling
- Understanding of Linux based infrastructures, RDBMS (Sybase ASE/IQ), SQL, Git versioning
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience in TDD, test automation, debugging, software optimization and refactoring
- Experience in full software development lifecycle: gathering technical requirements, designing and productionizing solution, support
- An interest in financial risk management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity